Applications to Tweed Recording’s Certificate Programs are available online and may be submitted at any time. Once your application is received, you’ll be contacted by email with details on the next steps to take in order to complete your application.
Program Requirements & Next Steps:
Students must be 18 years of age or older, at time of enrollment. Students should have completed their high school degree or GED. The steps for enrollment are listed below. These steps should be completed no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of class.
- The student begins their application on Tweed Recording’s website. The Director of Admissions will follow up with the students via email.
- The student completes the second part of our application.
- The Director of Admissions schedules a phone or in-person interview with the student. This will include an in-person or Zoom tour of the school.
- Two letters of recommendation are submitted. These should be emailed to Melissa Bateman at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 140 E. Washington Street, Athens, GA 30601.
- The student provides a copy of their high school, college, or GED transcript.
- The student interviews with a Tweed Recording instructor.
- The student signs the Enrollment Agreement and pays a $200 seat reservation fee to reserve their seat in the designated semester. This reservation fee will be applied to the student’s tuition payment and is refundable up until 2 weeks before the program’s start date.
2024 Admissions Calendar: Audio Production Certificate
Enrollment Deadline: January 15
Class Begins: January 29
Easter Break: March 29 & April 1
Memorial Day: May 27
Class Ends: May 31
Enrollment Deadline: July 29
Class Begins: August 12
Labor Day: September 2
Thanksgiving: November 28 & 29
Class Ends: December 13
2023 Admissions Calendar: Live Audio Production Certificate
The Live Audio Production Certificate program will not be offered during the spring semester of 2024.
- Tuition for the Audio Production Certificate program is $12,000.
- Tuition for the Live Audio Production Certificate program is $10,000.
The tuition costs for each program includes a $200 seat reservation fee and all supplies and materials needed for each program. Tuition may be paid in full upfront or in two installments (50% at least 2 weeks prior to the first day of the semester and 50% at the midpoint of the program). Payments may be made by check or by card.
For more information regarding tuition and paying for our program, please contact Melissa Bateman at email@example.com.
Who should I ask to write my letters of recommendation?
Are international students eligible for enrollment in the Audio Production Certificate program?
Can veterans use their VA benefits to pay their tuition?
I’m considering Tweed as well as other audio programs. What are the advantages to Tweed’s program?
- Our programs are intense, immersive, and quick! We do not waste time with unnecessary classes and topics. We teach what audio engineers need to know to be able to get to work quickly.
- What students learn in one class typically directly relates to what they work on during the next class.
- While there are some lecture-based classes, the majority are hands-on, where students are applying what they’ve learned in individual or group projects.
- Students have additional access to our facilities after class during the week and on Saturdays.
Do you offer financial assistance or scholarships?
Do you offer a payment plan for tuition?
Students have two payment options for their tuition:
1. 100% of the tuition amount paid 2 weeks prior to the semester’s start date or
2. 50% of the tuition amount paid two weeks prior to the semester’s start date and the remaining 50% at the midpoint of the program
Where is Tweed Recording located?
Tweed is located in downtown Athens, Georgia on East Washington Street. We’re just around the corner from the Georgia Theatre and a few blocks from well known Athens music venues!
Where can I find information about housing in Athens?
Where can I find information about parking near Tweed?
Do you offer part-time programs or workshops?
Our Live Audio Production Certificate program is a part-time, night program meeting 4 days a week for 12 weeks. Throughout the year, we will offer short-term workshops that cover very specific topics. Those workshops will be advertised on our website and social media accounts as they become available.
Do you offer any programs for high school students?
Does Tweed offer any job placement opportunities to its graduates?
Tweed does not guarantee a job or position to its graduates. However, our instructors are willing to recommend or serve as a reference for qualified students in their job or internship searches after graduation.