Announcing the Lewis Room, Athens Ga’s new intimate venue
In the 1950’s, the sounds of 131 E. Clayton St were more “sole-ful” than soulful as The Lamar Lewis Shoe Company expanded from a smaller shop down the street. Until 2018 this address was where generations of Athens, GA folks bought their work shoes, their school shoes, and their church shoes. In 2019, Tweed Recording has transformed the space into the Southeast’s newest venue for music, art, the spoken word, and your successful event. With the remaining shoes having been donated to local charities, and the historically significant artifacts and records safely preserved by UGA’s Special Collections Library, the leather and canvas give way to an acoustically-tuned space that will keep the spirit of service very much alive.
While it’s not your momma’s shoe store, it’s not your daddy’s rock and roll club either. The Lewis Room will bring entertainment, information, community spirit, and great times to you, while also providing the opportunity for you to bring your next reception, meeting, catered dinner, to this intimate, masterfully designed and built “living room space” in Downtown Athens.
Keep an eye out for:
- “Before Dinner” music shows with local and national touring acts.
- “Meet and Greet” functions with artists performing in other venues later in the evening.
- Film and Music Industry guest speakers and seminars
- Intimate acoustic shows by some of the best talent in various genre.
- Special events and collaborations with Athens venues, retailers, restaurants, and other businesses.
- Productions from the students and faculty of the new Tweed Recording Audio Engineering Academy (that exists in the adjacent building).
…And contact us about how this venue can be privately booked for your presentation from 2 to 125 people, a private dinner, reception, or other event. The venue features all the equipment needed for the large room, a kitchen for your caterer, a 264sf stage, and a room for a bar all within a space unmatched in Athens for versatility and accessibility. Contact Elise Grenley at email@example.com for booking information.